Concarneau – France. Jeudi 08/06/2017 – energiesdelamer.eu. PIRIOU has just secured the order for two wind farm support vessels for the British operator WIND ENERGY MARINE. Built by PIRIOU VIETNAM, these two WFSV* 26W are expected to be delivered in spring 2018 in Europe and to be operated in the North Sea.
With a proven design by © BMT Nigel Gee, BV classed, MCA CAT 1 certified under the new HS-OSC code, the vessels offer excellent manoeuvrability, good performance (27,5 kn at top speed) and low fuel consumption. They provide safe and fast transfer within a range of 150 nautical miles from a safe haven.
To fit the requirements of offshore wind farms operators, they also include fundamental features:
– catamaran hull optimizes stability and provides maximum comfort during operations to deploy technicians in wind-turbine operating zones
– proven efficiency and reliability of the bow fendering facilitates access to wind turbines - they can accommodate 24 technicians and 3 crew members
– deck space has been maximised to good working areas forward and aft, full pay load is 20 t
– 8,5 t/m fore deck crane
– large fuel capacity of 25 m3 for increased range and wind turbine supply
– equipment and comfort inspired by business class standards
– side doors allow direct access from the passengers lounge outward
– carefully designed wheelhouse ergonomics
Vincent FAUJOUR, CEO of PIRIOU / Andrew BAGSHAW, Managing Director of WIND ENERGY MARINE